Thursday, October 3, 2013

Who am I.....

The answer is of course too complicated for one post.

My name is Cerstin and I am California Girl through and through.  My perfect day includes sitting on a chair in the sand, with a book, looking out at the blue ocean and the even bluer skies.  In July, I was able to get a little closer to the water because I started a new position as Librarian at a high school in Salinas.  We have been to Santa Cruz at least ten times since moving here in July.

I am taking this class to complete my single subject credential in business. I have an MBA from Pepperdine and an Masters in Library and Information Science from San Jose State.  I have a multiple subjects credential and library credential.  I have a strong belief that the more bases I cover, the more marketable I will be.  I also have a strong need to keep my student loans in deferment.  :) Which means that once I finish the business credential I will pursue a full math credential.  I am also seriously considering a Masters in Educational Technology.

Personality Tests

First let me say, I love taking these types of tests.  The results are always enlightening and usually make complete sense.  However when I took the team technology test I did not agree with the findings or to be more precise I did not agree with the description.

  • Your personality type at present is probably ENFP.  If your closest personality type is ENFP then you are someone who senses the hidden potential in people. You enjoy starting discussion or activities that challenge and stimulate others into having new insights about themselves, which they can then take and apply to their own personal growth. You are enthusiastic about new projects or causes that offer the potential for a beneficial impact on people, especially when it involves breaking new ground.



I think I can say safely say that none of the above characteristics apply to me.  So I moved onto the KISA personality test where I was labeled ESTJ.  This result also did not seem to fit so I went for the third opinion.  I took the Kiersey KTS-II test where I again was found to be ESTJ.  Kiersey labels ESTJ as guardian supervisor.  Interestingly the Kiersey test page also had results from when I took the test in 2009.  At that time I was found to be ENFJ which is labeled Idealist Teacher.  

So in a way I think the real learning from this test was that I would have loved to keep taking every version of the test available.  Then I would most likely have chosen the one with which I most agreed. Or maybe the takeaway is the I am middle of the road (51/49 showed up a lot) on most of the categories and that allows me to be flexible in any situation.  You need order, I will bring it.  You thrive on chaos, I am good with that also.  Want to try the latest gadget, I'm right there with you.  Hate change, lets move slowly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment